Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged in: Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens.
Displaying existing widgets in existing widgets areas
- Go to Appearance > Customize in the WordPress Administration Screens.
- Click the Widget menu in the Theme Customizer to access to the Widget Customize Screen.
- Click the down arrow of Widget Area to list the already registered Widgets.
- Click Add a Widget button at the bottom of sidebar. It shows the list of available widgets.
- Click a widget you want to add. The widgets should be added in the sidebar.
- Preview your site and you should see the content from your new Widget.
- To arrange the Widgets within the Sidebar, drag and drop the widgets in the order you want or click Reorder link and click up arrow and down allow of each widget and click Done after the arrange operation.
- To customize the Widget features, click the down arrow in the right to expand the Widget’s interface.
- To remove the widget, click Remove from Widget’s interface in above step.
If you want to add a widget in the sidebar you only have to go in: Apparence > Widgets and drag the widgets you want the sidebar (on the right). You can set the sidebar to show in each page in “sidebar settings”.