For create a new menu first of all you have to define a menu before you can add items to it.
- Go in your Dashboard
- From the ‘Appearance’ menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the ‘Menus’ option to bring up the Menu Editor.
- Select Create a new menu at the top of the page
- Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box
- Click the Create Menu button.
Your new custom menu has now been defined.
Adding items to a menu
You can add different link types into your menu, these are split between panes left of the menu you’re currently editing.
- Locate the pane entitled Pages.
- Within this pane, select the “View All” link to bring up a list of all the currently published Pages on your site.
- Select the Pages that you want to add by clicking the checkbox next to each Page’s title.
- Click the Add to Menu button located at the bottom of this pane to add your selection(s) to the menu that you created in the previous step.
- Click the Save Menu button once you’ve added all the menu items you want.
Now your custom menu has been saved.
Deleting a menu item
Follow these simple steps to deleting a menu item.
- Locate the menu item that you want to remove in the menu editor window.
- Click on the arrow icon in the top right-hand corner of the menu item/box to expand it.
- Click on the Remove link. The menu item/box will be immediately removed.
- Click the Save Menu button to save your changes.
If you want to add all menu panes, you have to go in: Appearance > Menus and then click in the upper right on “Screen Option” and flack all custom post types, category or other that you want to show.
You can also change the structure of your menu, just drag each item and simply move it within the menu structure to creating second or third level menu.
Where you want to see your menu
You can choose the position of your menu in Menu Settings > Themes Location. Normally the “Main Menu” location is the default menu position.